• Table Of Content
We like to think we keep our homes pretty clean but here's what you should know. We spend 1/3 of our lives in bed that equals to almost 60 hours per week of sweat, dead skin cells and body oils lurking in between the sheets. In a recent poll by National Sleep Foundation, approximately 3/4 of the people polled said they got a more comfortable night's sleep on clean, fresh smelling sheets
• Bedsheet - Clean Once A Week
1. The truth is bedsheets can rack up a serious collection of sweat, body oils, saliva, dirt from outside and sexual fluids. Laundry expert Mary Marlowe Leverette told ATTN that if you have a scratch or wound while sleeping in dirty sheets, you can definitely get an infection.
2. Athlete's foot and other fungi can be transferred from fabrics. Infrequent cleaning of sheets and pillow cases allows the fluids to seep into the pillows and matresses, and those are much more difficult to clean.
3. On top of all this, the dead skin cells that you shed every night can attract dust mites that feed off of the cells and can affect breathing for people with asthma.
4. Laura Bowater, a microbiologist recommends washing bedsheets once a week at minimum of 60 degree Celsius to destroy bacteria. Choose a good detergent to truly disinfect and remove allergens from the fibers. Dry sheets and pillow cases in direct sunlight if you can as ultraviolet light is effective in killing microorganisms.
5. Use a mattress protector to keep your bed even cleaner.
So, make sure you wash your bedding once a week to stay healthy and invest in good quality cotton bedsheet that is comfortable, durable and breathable. we bring our unrivalled authenticity and passion to the art of creating premium bedding. Visit thewhitemoss.com and buy good cotton bedding at reasonable prices.